Here are some of the lessons I’ve learned while working in the field. Sadly, since we seem to be losing ground in the reproductive battlefield, a return to some of the basics can’t hurt.
- NORMALIZE sexual and reproductive health at every age and stage of our lives.
- ELEVATE the voices and stories of those most directly impacted.
- MAKE AMPLE ROOM at the decision-making tables for women of color.
- ANTI-BLACKNESS in general and MISOGYNOIR in particular are pervasive and pernicious, even in progressive movements.
- BUILD intersectional solidarity among communities. CONSPIRE—move beyond being an ally to being
- VOTE in every election, large and small.
- JUDICIAL RACES MATTER, at every level of government.
art by Rachel Levit